What to Do About Food and Beverage Waste in a Warehouse?
Food and beverage waste in a warehouse can attract pests and create health hazards. Furthermore, food and beverage waste account for a large percentage of wasted expenses for businesses.
How to Deal with Food and Beverage Waste in a Warehouse
If your warehouse produces a lot of food or beverage waste, it's crucial to have a plan to minimize and deal with food waste. Here are a few ideas:
- Establish a system for tracking food and beverage waste.
- Work with a waste management company to develop a plan for dealing with food and beverage waste.
- Implement procedures for separating food and beverage waste from other types of expired food products.
- Educate employees on the importance of reducing food and beverage waste.
- Encourage employees to participate in efforts to reduce food and beverage waste.
By taking these steps, you can help to reduce the amount of food and beverage waste in your warehouse and create a safer, more efficient workplace.
How the Minimize Food and Beverage Waste in a Warehouse
The best way to minimize food and beverage waste in a warehouse is through the following practices:
- Adequate storage: Store food and beverages in sealed, moisture-proof containers off the floor. Keep them away from walls and windows to protect against temperature fluctuations.
- Regular stock rotation: Check expiration dates and keep track of inventory so that older items are used first.
- Proper labeling: Clearly label all food and beverage containers with the contents and date.
Working with a professional 3PL warehouse provider can also minimize the amount of food and beverage waste. At 18 Wheels Logistics, we handle all types of food and beverage warehousing. We can develop a customized plan to ensure that your warehouse is running as efficiently as possible.
For over 30 years, 18 Wheels Logistics has strived to be the most customer-centric trucking, warehousing, and logistics company around. Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, 18 Wheels relies on experience and integrity to make customers happy and remain on the cutting edge of shipping and logistics management.
If you have any questions about this article or you would like to talk to us about your shipping needs, please call us at (604) 439-8938.