Understanding Millennials in The Workplace
Millennials are an ever-growing force in the workplace, taking on crucial roles in virtually every industry. However, many have a differing perspective from preceding generations on the way they regard the workplace and their roles within it.
- Millennials place value on experiences, and would much rather have the option to choose the tasks they take on.
- Increased flexibility and the choice to pursue other experiences outside of work are of high priority.
- The diversity and inclusivity (age, gender, ethnicity) of a company’s workforce are important factors for millennials.
- Millennials have a desire to feel that their work and their companies’ work contributes value to society.
- As opposed to prior generations, millennials may be more content with finding a role they thoroughly enjoy and excelling in that role.
- Millennials appreciate companies who can integrate a higher degree of personalization for employees, helping them advance in their roles and career paths.
In order to encourage and empower millennials in the warehouse, companies should take these differences into consideration. Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, 18 Wheels Logistics has an exceptional team that can handle any role such as: distribution, co-packing, trucking, and much more. As your leading 3PL, warehousing, co-packing, and transportation provider, we place a high regard on the well-being and success of our team members