Qualities to Look for in a Food Warehousing Provider
A food warehousing provider is much more than a company who provides space for products. The goal and purpose is to be a company that will help protect the integrity and quality of goods in every step of the supply chain. A few core characteristics for optimal food warehousing partners are the following:
- Temperature requirements: A partner that can provide a wide temperature range, whether that would be ambient, refrigerated, frozen, or a combination, will save you time and money
- Quality and Safety Requirements: An exceptional food warehousing provider will exceed quality and safety standards. Successful providers will have vigorous programs in place that will allow regular internal and external audits.
- A Flourishing Warehouse Management System: A strong WMS will allow for real time traceability of your goods, wherever they may be in the supply chain. This is especially useful in the event of a recall.
- Integration with Transportation Services: By combining the two services, companies can save time and money by removing the need to coordinate with multiple trucking vendors for distribution.
- Exceptional Food Handling Culture: Employees of your provider should have a strong commitment to protect the integrity of all products in all stages.
18 Wheels Logistics can meet and exceed all standards stated above. Based in Vancouver, British Columbia, 18 Wheels Logistics can handle the responsibilities mentioned in addition to 3PL services, co-packing, and much more.