Cross-docking is the Perfect Solution for Supply Chain Issues
What is Cross-Docking and Why is it Beneficial?
Here is the simple flow diagram,
1) Goods are shipped from a warehouse (inbound side) and brought to a dock terminal (receiving dock)
2) The Goods go through Screen and Sort, Co-packing or re-packing
3) The goods are received at the outbound side of the cross-dock terminal.
4) Goods are sorted and Trans-loaded for Trucking
5) Goods are ready for Distribution to the retailers or customers
Efficient cross-docking is closely connected to optimized warehouse design. The connection being that cross-docking relies on the warehouse to have different inbound and outbound dock doors for trucks to deliver or receive goods in an efficient manner.
Using technology to move the goods is the critical application nowadays. Therefore working with a warehouse that is technology friendly, such as 18 Wheels Warehousing and Trucking, is paramount now.
Contact 18 Wheels Warehousing and Trucking, we locate in Vancouver, BC, Western Canada, we have been building and applying the advance technology on supply chain solutions for years, no matter how many kinds of Alcohol, Liquor, Beer, Wine, Spirits, Beverages, Drinks you have, 18 Wheels Warehousing and Trucking will provide you the solution of the lowest cost and most efficiency.