Cold Supply Chain: Types of Cold Storage
In the cold supply chain, it means involving cold storage applications to one or multiple parts of logistics operation in order to maintain the whole shipment within the acceptable temperature. In Vancouver, British Columbia, there are not many third-party logistics suppliers that carry cold storage as one of the services. Mostly, the business set up the cold applications within the establishment for smoother operation. However, there are exceptions and advantages when a business outsourcing its cold storage demand.
There are several types of cold storage, considering the volume usage and facilitation.
- Refrigerated containers – for individual items that can be carried around easily.
- Blast chillers – the refrigeration-type of storage that can fit in a room.
- Cold rooms – the build by custom to a section of a premise that is as big a bedroom.
- Plant – attached cold storage – the infrastructure is larger than a premise as a building-type but connecting to an existing facility.
- Custom cold storage – the whole system can be built as big as requested in different shapes and different sizes.
Also, the types can be differentiated by the consumer products or pharmaceutical graded products depending on the nature of the business. It is crucial to establish what kind of cold storage the business needs because setting up the equipment can be costly.
18 Wheels Logistics is your number one 3PL provider that provides the best outsourcing services in warehousing, labeling, copacking, and logistics. Reach out to us today to find out what we can do for your and your team.